Complete France Forum

Microsoft Excel help required please

I have a French version of Excel on my new PC and as I have only ever used Excel once of twice before (years ago in the UK), I am finding it difficult to do a simple task.

I want to produce a table (with perhaps six columns) of all my different accounts (bank internet, forums etc)  together with their log in names and passwords etc. I think I may just be able to do this part, but can anyone tell me how to sort the first column, which will have all the account names such as Living france, Mcafee etc etc. into alphabetical order please?

Many thanks.

Mut

Highlight the whole active part of the worksheet, starting from the top left corner. Don't include any heading rows. Then go to Data>Sort. You will get a dialogue box which allows you to choose which column to sort by and then whether or not to sort in ascending or descending order. Be absolutely certain that the whole chart is highlighted, as only that part will be sorted. Is that what you meant?

-Sorry - just caught on that the problem might be that it is a French version - I'm sure the process will be the same.

Archived