Complete France Forum

Info on printing please

I have a document on my PC which runs to about 250 pages.  Could some kind soul advise me on the most efficient or cost effective method of printing it out.  Do I have some method of perhaps copying the information onto a CD and getting a commercial printer to print it for me from that?

I imagine doing it from my own printer would take some time and would entail a few changes of printer cartridge.

weedon

If this is something you need to do from time to time then it's well worth investing in a basic laser printer. They cost under £50 in England, and are presumably available for similar money in France. Printouts will be quick, high quality and minimal cost - particularly if you get one of the models with toner cartridges that you can refill yourself (e.g. Samsung, some Brothers). Otherwise, it depends what sort of document it is. If you can save it to disc in a universal program like MS Word,  or Adobe PDF, then virtually anybody with a laser printer can print it for you for a small fee - e.g. insurance, estate agency offices, even some mairies I would imagine. 

[quote user="Will "]If this is something you need to do from time to time then it's well worth investing in a basic laser printer. They cost under £50 in England, and are presumably available for similar money in France. Printouts will be quick, high quality and minimal cost - particularly if you get one of the models with toner cartridges that you can refill yourself (e.g. Samsung, some Brothers). Otherwise, it depends what sort of document it is. If you can save it to disc in a universal program like MS Word,  or Adobe PDF, then virtually anybody with a laser printer can print it for you for a small fee - e.g. insurance, estate agency offices, even some mairies I would imagine. [/quote]

Thanks for that answer Will.

It was a similar answer to the one I got from another (ahem) forum, and is an option I hadn't considered before.  Sometimes it's better to think of the bleeding obvious first isn't it?

Thanks for all your suggestions. Trouble is I now have more questions than those I thought I started with.  Sounds to me as if I should get a laser black and white printer and use my present one to print out those few pages that have colour on them.

I probably seemed to place too much emphasis on the cost rather than convenience.

At least all your suggestions have allowed me to think more clearly on what I should do.

[quote user="Weedon"]

Thanks for all your suggestions. Trouble is I now have more questions than those I thought I started with.  Sounds to me as if I should get a laser black and white printer and use my present one to print out those few pages that have colour on them.

I probably seemed to place too much emphasis on the cost rather than convenience.

At least all your suggestions have allowed me to think more clearly on what I should do.

[/quote]

Of course, for around 250€, you could get a colour laser....

Archived