Complete France Forum

Telephone Tariff

Hi There

Can any one tell me if there are mobile phone companys that do fixed contract tarrif (pay a monthly invoice) at present i have been using a pay as you go with orange while in between Jersey and France. But as of next week i will be living in France full time . If some one could recommend a good provider that would be great.

Also i have been given a number for France Telecom (english speaking) but have had no luck ,just rings and rings. I am looking for a provider that will suply a sevral land line numbers , internet broad band and if possible a fixed mobile .

Any help will do

Regards

Paolo

www.alpine-connection.com

Hi Paolo,

I m just off to Les Deux Alpes for the season. I managed to get a 6 month contract SIM from www.0044.co.uk . It was £9.99 a month, not the cheapest but seemed to be a good deal vs roaming or a prepaid french SIM. I had a prepaid SIM last year and the credit kept on expiring!!

Cheers

Rob

All the phone providers do fixed monthly contracts as well as pay as you go. Ours, with Orange, are 10€ and 20€ per month respectively and seem to include all the calls we make (international as well as within France). The cheaper one has run out a couple of times, and there does not seem to be a way of topping it up temporarily, but that's probably down to our ignorance rather than an actual shortcoming of the contract. It is an old one that I don't think is offered any longer. There are probably other deals more suitable for how you want to use your phone if you look. One of the drawbacks seems to be that once you have your phone you are lumbered with it, even if it packs up, and changing or upgrading is far less simple than in England. So we have kept our Orange SIM cards and use unlocked phones from England.

[quote user="Paolo"]

Hi There

Can any one tell me if there are mobile phone companys that do fixed contract tarrif (pay a monthly invoice) at present i have been using a pay as you go with orange while in between Jersey and France. But as of next week i will be living in France full time . If some one could recommend a good provider that would be great.

Also i have been given a number for France Telecom (english speaking) but have had no luck ,just rings and rings. I am looking for a provider that will suply a sevral land line numbers , internet broad band and if possible a fixed mobile .

[/quote]

If you wantt he lot, then FT is probably the best bet - the English-speaking line is notoriously difficult to contact, I find that visiting your local office is the most efficient (and that is a very relative term!)

Archived