Complete France Forum

Neufbox and surge protector

Our computer and phone line go through a surge protector (since we blew a modem in a thunderstorm). We've ordered broadband through Neuf and the box and wires have arrived, but should the Neufbox and phoneline still be connected through the surge protector? If so, would the filter go into the wall socket, or on the phone outlet on the surge protector?

Many thanks for any advice

Cheryl

For us the filter goes into the FT wall socket ,the adsl cable goes from the RJ11 slot on the underside of the filter to the 'in' slot on the surge protector and then a second RJ11 cable goes from the 'out' slot to the router modem.

This is what I have done ... and it works, surprisingly enough.

Sue [:)]

Edit: having seen Clair's post I must add that all our power cables go through the surge-protector too.

Everything goes through the surge protector here:

• Neuf phone cable to surge protector via the INlet of the surge protector
  • Neuf box mains to surge protector

• laptop mains to surge protector
  • surge protector to mains
  • surge protector to (ex FT) phone socket via the OUTlet with extra phone cable (supplied with surge protector)

[quote user="cooperlola"]A computer geek once told me that anything which has a "door" to your computer should be surge protected, including printers scanners etc.  For safety's sake I have always surge protected everything connected to it by wire ever since![/quote]

I agrre and the printers, shredder and PC are all plugged into the surge protector (8 mains sockets)

Archived