Complete France Forum

Microsoft Power Point slide show?

I am trying to compile a CD slide show of a load of photos for some friends in the U.K. I'm part way through the compilation on my PC, but does anyone know that it is possible to put them on a CDas a slide show. I am fairly sure it's OK, but it would be handy not to have to reinvent the wheel again???

Ta in advance...

Bon Année Ancienne!![B]

I have done this before, but my memory is getting old now. I think that you need to save the slides under the option of slide show. There is also a way of saving to a CD and writing a small file to allow users who don't have Powerpoint to view the show. If I get time I'll look through the help screens and sort it out for you if you don't get a quick answer. I used to use it all the time in the RAF/MOD, but that was over 2 years ago now!

If you put it on a CD it will have to have a PC to read it. All you will save will be a presentation. If it is a movie to be played on a DVD player it will have to be in DVD-Video format.

You may be able to record it to DVD but I've never heard of it being done. I suspect that something like iDVD on a Mac could take a Quicktime movie of the presentation and burn it, but PowerPoint is a pretty primitive piece of software (at least the PC versions) and I don't know if the option to make a .mov file is enough.

Bob - you can download a PP viewer from Microsoft - we use it when we send out presentations on CD, but they need a PC at the other end.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]I forgot to say that it is to be used by someone that doesn't have a PC (well there are some who don't [8-)]!!)and will be viewed on a DVD player and TV... Hope that this doesn't blow the idea out of the water??[/quote]

As I said if it's to be played on a DVD player for watching on the TV etc, it must be done on a DVD. You need a DVD re-writer on your PC. There are a lot of programmes that will do it very easily. Mine came 'bundled' when I bought my PC. Look for 'Nero' or 'Sonic' software..........

Archived