Complete France Forum

Being bounced off various websites ....

Over the last few months or so I have been "bounced off" various websites, co.uk, .com and .fr sites with no connection, e.g. photobucket, Française des Jeux, lavasoft.com to name a few.  It's an almost immediate thing, with the website seemingly accessible but then a Microsoft message saying something along the lines of "Internet Explorer has to close, send error report/don't send, etc ...".  I am on a PC with Windows XP.

Sorry this not specific to France, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

RP

It may have been a problem with incompatible toolbars or add-ons, see below (taken from IE7 release notes)

If you are having problems with Internet Explorer 7 hanging, crashing, silently closing or other bizarre behavior, an incompatible toolbar or other add-on maybe involved. The fastest way to determine if an add-on is causing the problem is to run Internet Explorer 7 with no add-ons. You can do this by going to Start, clicking All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click Internet Explorer (No add-ons). This disables all add-ons from loading in that instance of Internet Explorer. If the problem goes away, you can manually disable specific add-ons to find the specific one causing the problem.

Archived