Complete France Forum

[quote user="mark_and_sacha"]

Hi, Sorry if this has already been posted in the past. We've got FTA in our lounge and want to have a signal going to the tv in the kitchen. Our question is where do we spur off before the reciever in the lounge or after? many thanks,

mark_and_sacha

[/quote]

If you are indeed talking about a Sky digibox, then you simply plug the second TV into the RF2 soket on the back of the box. It will a) need to be PAL-I (UK) - compatible TV and b) it will only be able to receive the same program as the main telly.

Anything else needs more than 1 digibox & a different LNB.

Sorry to butt in on somebody else's question but I can't find my original post and I'm hoping to get clarification on something I asked! I want to run two FTA boxes but someone said that I can't split the signal and I would need two LNB's and cables, but WHY can't the cable signal be split? It can be done with a conventional aerial so why not with Sat?

hi

ok Iv`e tried it and it will not work, some channels are virt polarised some are horizotal .the box sends a signal to the lnb to go either virt or hoz ...so you can watch different channels but they must be both the same polarization ie bbc1 on 1 box and channel 4 on the other both horizontal but change one over to itv a virticle  polarised one and they both go off

dave

[quote user="Deauville"]Sorry to butt in on somebody else's question but I can't find my original post and I'm hoping to get clarification on something I asked! I want to run two FTA boxes but someone said that I can't split the signal and I would need two LNB's and cables, but WHY can't the cable signal be split? It can be done with a conventional aerial so why not with Sat?[/quote]

Because the LNB is switched to send only part of the signal down the CoAx cable. The technical part is to do with allowing a wider range of frequencies to be received by the LNB than can be send down the Co Ax without large loss of signal quality.

A conventional Aerial sends everything and leaves the tuner in the TV Video etc to sort out which signal you want to watch. 

Archived