Complete France Forum

Two Questions for the experts

My current set up in France is a French TV with a French aerial and a Sky digibox with satellite input and it works fine for both French terrestrial and Sky programmes.

We are having the whole house rewired and my French electrician wants to incorporate the French aerial input and Sky input into one as it will look better.

Question 1 is will both French terrestrial and Sky work with this proposed set up?

Qustion 2 I want to have a second TV in the kitchen and receive Sky. If I dont buy another digibox is the best set up wireless transmission to a UK TV and forgo French TV?

Thanks everyone

We are having the whole house rewired and my French electrician wants to incorporate the French aerial input and Sky input into one as it will look better. Assuming the rest of the wiring is being buried I do not see any advantage.  Even if all the wiring is being surface mounted in conduit it seems a pretty small advantage.

Question 1 is will both French terrestrial and Sky work with this proposed set up?   Yes BUT it makes trouble shooting far harder and will make a setup whihc is on the margin worse.

Question 2 I want to have a second TV in the kitchen and receive Sky. If I dont buy another digibox is the best set up wireless transmission to a UK TV and forgo French TV?  I would have said the best route was use a co ax feed from the digibox ( it has an output specefically for a second TV which can be 4/3 if your main TV is 16/9 ) and combine that output with a feed French aerial.  The second TV in the kitchen can have a feed from the French Aerial anyway and have a use a wireless receiver which  then sends the signal via a SCART.

For more infomation than you will ever want suggest spending some money at SATCURE on hteir E Book Ttansmitting TV round the house. They are not keen on wireless senders although ours has perfectly for 8 years.

Frankly, if I was having my house rewired, I would simply drop a cable to each room and make my descision later - oh, that is what I do, have done... etc...

With a decent quality coax feed to each room (if you double up on the cable to your "sky box room" then the system gets even more versatile) then there is little you cannot do in terms of distribution or reception. Difficult to explain without pictures, but with I bit more information I could do you a drawing...

Be aware that the "norms" require a TV outlet in virtually every room (new build at least), so you are not doing anything too dramatic.

Archived