Complete France Forum

web cam for a laptop

i bought a Logitech quickcam messenger  in Carrefour near to where I live in France.

IT CLAIMS TO BE THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR.!!!!!!!!!!!

IT HAS BUILT IN MICROPHONE AND I CAN REST IT ON THE LID WHEN I OPEN MY LAPTOP.

HOWEVER USING SKYPE CALLS TO UK I  AM TOLD BY THE RECIPIENT OF MY CALL THAT THE SOUND IS NOT VERY GOOD AND I HAVE AN ECHO AND REPEAT OF THE WORDS JUST SPOKEN.

USING A CHEAP HEAD SET SEEMS BETTER!!!!!!!!

I HAVE TRIED AUDIO TUNING WIZARD WITHOUT IMPROVEMENT.

IT HAS AEC=ACOUSTIC ECHO CANCELLATION.!!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS OF A CAMERA AND A SEPARATE HEADSET/MICROPHONE ?

IF I CAN RETURN THE CAMERA  AS IT IS ONLY 8 DAYS OLD  AND I THINK CARREFOUR ACCEPT WITHOUT QUESTION GOODS FOR CASH WITHIN 10 DAYS?

If the microphone can hear the speakers then there will be an echo. Try putting headphones on with the webcam as then the microphone will not be able to hear the speakers.I bought a cheap skype phone and cannot believe the difference.

The other problem with using a webcam as well as voice is that the images can take loads of bandwidth to the detriment of the sound and you get poor quaility sound if you don't have a fast internet connection. I have a 1 MB ADSL connection and won't bother with a webcam, if I had 4MB then I would.

Thanks but I am a novice.

Ihave 525 test bande passante  with adsl./neuf.

My laptop has built in speakers so I can hear people and only need a microphone

We wish to have a webcam so we can see grandchildren.

With these parameters what do you suggest ?e.g. buy camera without microphone and plug in a headset/microphone into laptop side ports?

Alan.(ex Triumph 21 owner when they were first manufactured)

Archived