Complete France Forum

TV, telephone and internet...,

I have been looking at telephone, internet and TV access in france for a while now and getting confusing advice.

However at this time I ve  come with the following combination and am  going  to try.......

The french Club Internet, for internet, telephone and  tv.....(29 euros monthly.....combined with a free to air sat dish from  the MAPLIN electronic / tv / technical  store chain in the  uk ....one off payment no card or contract etc...with access to all the normal channels.... 

If anyone has experience,  good or bad, with Club Internet,  Or Maplins, I would be pleased to hear about it.

Maplins customer service uk # is....... 0870-429-6000. 

rgds, H.

H

can't answer for the Club internet but regarding your FTA box.  It will pick up BBC1,2,3,4 ITV, ITV3 and 4.  It will not pick up (currently at least) Channels 4 and 5.  This is because they are encryped and although you need no subscription to watch them, you do need a de-encryption system - as supplied by SKY and a FTV card (20GBP - so kind of one off subscription).

This may change as the UK goes progressively digital since some areas will only be able to receive these channels digitally via satellite.  But who can tell when.

H.

I use Club Internet as my internet service provider and have been very happy with their service. I only receive ADSL internet and VOIP telephone calls - no TV, so can't comment on that aspect. Internet speed and charges depend very much on the where the house is located. e.g. for me the cost for club internet is 34.90 euros per month. See the other recent threads in this forum for more details.

Could you explain more what you find confusing ?

Danny
(edited a bit)

Archived