Complete France Forum

Our cordless phone only rings 5 times before the answerphone service kicks in. I have scoured the handbook but have been unable to find a way to prevent this. The phone is a DeroMatra cordless and was bought here in France.

I am getting very good at doing the hundred yard dash from the bottom of the garden  or the sous-sol when the phone rings but when I  answer the phone I can't speak I am that puffed!!

I have tried carting the phone around with me but my pockets aren't large enough!!

Anyone any ideas??

[quote user="Mayennaise"]

I am getting very good at doing the hundred yard dash from the bottom of the garden  or the sous-sol when the phone rings but when I  answer the phone I can't speak I am that puffed!

Anyone any ideas??

[/quote]

Isn't the point of a cordless is that you can take it with you to the bottom of the garden? [;-)][:)]

Our cordless phone only rings 5 times before the answerphone service kicks in. I have scoured the handbook but have been unable to find a way to prevent this. The phone is a DeroMatra cordless and was bought here in France.

I am getting very good at doing the hundred yard dash from the bottom of the garden  or the sous-sol when the phone rings but when I  answer the phone I can't speak I am that puffed!!

I have tried carting the phone around with me but my pockets aren't large enough!!

Anyone any ideas??

[/quote]

I suspect that the max number of rings on your TAM is 5 - as someone else has said, take the 'phone with you - my Doro Matra works in the garden.

Anyone any ideas??

[/quote]

Training, join a gym, start jogging, etc.

Ian

Thanks - still got the problem though . I managed to work out how to change the rings on the FT messagerie service by checking their website  but as we  now subscribe to  Teleconnect Broadband and VOIP calls,  FT is no longer in the loop and  there doesn't seem to be a way of changing the rings for the phone so I will have to try and remember not to leave the phone anywhere other than on its unit. Ever tried trying to find your phone within the five ring limit when you can't remember where you last had it???

Archived