Complete France Forum

A Kiwi and 2 Danes

Hi, we are moving to France next week(department 73) and we have a few questions that we hope someone can help us with.

1. My husband holds a NZ passport but has lived in the UK for the last 10 years, we have contacted New Zealand house in London and the Embassy in Paris and have been told by both to contact the local mairie on our arrival, I hold a Danish passport and have lived in the UK for the last 15years our daughter is born in the UK but has a Danish passport. Has anyone been in this situation? What can we expect?

2. We are also a bit confused regarding health cover, what form to submit before we leave and which health scheme/top up to choose ones in France. We are in our early 40th and our daughter is 5. Any advice?

3. My husband will be taking a year of work to look after our daughter and to modenise our new home, I will be commuting to the UK for work, were should I be paying income tax, we keep on getting conflicting advise.

I cannot help with all of this, but hopefully some.

If you are working in the UK, then your family should be covered for healthcare, as far as I know, by an E109.  But you need to contact the DWP

Department for Work and Pensions
International Pension Centre
Tyneview Park
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE98  1BA
Tel: 0191 225 8604

as this is the procedure for UK citizens, but I'm not 100% about other EU nationals who pay tax there.

As your o/h is a Kiwi, it's tough for me to know exactly what your position is, so best to ask the authorities concerned. 

If you carry out all your work in the UK, then you pay tax there, so long as you physically carry it out in the UK.  If you work in France for a UK company, you pay in France.  Wherever your b*m is, that's where you pay!  But you can confirm this by contacting:

HM Revenue& Customs
Benton Park
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE98 1ZZ

Tel: 0191 225 8604

Archived