Complete France Forum

it is very difficult to see much difference between all the adsl 'box' packages. Price depends on whether you are in zone degroupée or not. For non degroupée, Tele2, Alice, Neuf and Club Internet all offer much the same thing for 34.90 per month. Free also offers the same but for 29.99 euros. Orange tends to be more expensive and to offer less than the others.

see here for comparison , read all the differences between the packages carefully - better to know in advance than get a shock later

I'm curious why you seem to have plumped for tele2 - anything in particular?

I am in a zone non degroupée and can't see that changing for a long time... at the moment I think the best deal is with Free...

if you just want ADSL without the inclusive calls/ modem etc then Orange, neuf and tele2 and CI will do it but it works out expensive in a zone non degroupée like mine 24 - 26 euros.

Danny

no experience of teleconnect - but it is worth noting that with them, it is not possible to stop paying FT line rental (which over the course of a year means 180 euros!) and the included VOIP telephonie is nowhere near as comprehensive as the others. It is all in English though -  maybe that makes it worth it for some

Danny

I can't really see any benefit  with Tele2 (Am I msiing something?). You presumably get the same level of service that you would get from their parent company (Neuf) but unless you are in a Degroupee area the service is slower. Exactly the same comment  applies to AOL.

If I were starting afresh I would be tempted by Dartybox.fr. seems a fair price from a company woith a good reputation for customer service, unless they are about to do a TalkTalk.......

[quote user="Jane and Danny"]

no experience of teleconnect - but it is worth noting that with them, it is not possible to stop paying FT line rental (which over the course of a year means 180 euros!) and the included VOIP telephonie is nowhere near as comprehensive as the others. It is all in English though -  maybe that makes it worth it for some

Danny

[/quote]

I installed a teleconnect unit a few weeks back for a friend. His deal was ADSL (obviously) limited free French calls (extended to all for an extra 5 Euros per month), limited internationa; free calls (extended to all for another 5 Euros per month) and a local rate number in the UK for people to call him. He also has a second number which came with his VOIP so effectivly he now has two phone numbers on which he can receive calls although he obviouly makes calls on the new number. All this totals to 39.99 Euros per month plus the cost of his FT line rental.

I also received an email the other day from Orange saying I can have something simular except you only get free calls in France for 29.99 Euros per month plus FDT line rental.

I am waiting to see how my friend gets on with Teleconnect before I do anything. I have a cheap mobile and landline package with Teleconnect which works OK.

[quote user="Jane and Danny"]

it is very difficult to see much difference between all the adsl 'box' packages. Price depends on whether you are in zone degroupée or not. For non degroupée, Tele2, Alice, Neuf and Club Internet all offer much the same thing for 34.90 per month. Free also offers the same but for 29.99 euros. Orange tends to be more expensive and to offer less than the others.

see here for comparison , read all the differences between the packages carefully - better to know in advance than get a shock later

I'm curious why you seem to have plumped for tele2 - anything in particular?

I am in a zone non degroupée and can't see that changing for a long time... at the moment I think the best deal is with Free...

if you just want ADSL without the inclusive calls/ modem etc then Orange, neuf and tele2 and CI will do it but it works out expensive in a zone non degroupée like mine 24 - 26 euros.

Danny

[/quote]

I am full degroupee (accent) and the main decision point seemed to be that Tele2 got 'less' bad press than the others at the same price.

I know that a lot of posters in the past have said keep the FT facility because of power cuts etc but as I use a wireless walk about phone I lose it during a power cut anyway.

I hadn't picked up that Neuf were the parent company and I will be looking at Darty.

Thanks for the input.

At a slight tagent, do French ISP's typically impose usage caps. The info is probably in the small print but my French is nowhere good enough to even contemplate trawling through T&C's.

Certainly with some UK ISP's the use of the term "unlimited" seems to have taken on a meaning somewhat at odds with Oxford English Dictionary [8-)]

Archived