Complete France Forum

VOIP Problems anyone else?

Both myself and a friend (both on Wanadoo.fr) are having problems with calls via Voipcheap.co.uk.  The call cuts off straight away with a mixed ringing and engaged tone.  The message says the other party ended the call.

It could be a local problem or something akin to the Nationwide thing where orange generated calls were rejected or just Voipcheap gone up the wall, but it has been like it for two days now.  Anybody else having problems.  Tried logging into voIPcheap.com only to find that it, Voipcheap.co.uk and Voipbuster are all linked to each other and you cannot be logged into one whilst logged into the other.

We've used Voipcheap over the last couple of days and had no more problems than usual; our setup involves a Voip phone rather than the computer application, and our ISP is Numericable. I've experienced issues such as you describe - in the event I discovered that the actual bandwith of the network at the time was severly restricted.

Pickles

Ron, I am with wanadoo and have no problems with Nationwide due to the fact that I am with Wanadoo, I don't think that the Nationwide website would know that I am coming in from a particular ISP.

I use Skype all the time and have never had any problem with them either. They are just a VOIP service the same as any other.

Ron, I am with wanadoo and have no problems with Nationwide due to the fact that I am with Wanadoo, I don't think that the Nationwide website would know that I am coming in from a particular ISP.

On the contrary Bob, that was exactly the experience of many Nationwide users a few weeks ago, it would not accept online banking operations from orange users, but that was an example, Voipcheap still does not work, its not SKYPE its Voipcheap, so any one else either using it OK or having problems.  Thanks in advance.  

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

On the contrary Bob, that was exactly the experience of many Nationwide users a few weeks ago, it would not accept online banking operations from orange users, but that was an example, Voipcheap still does not work, its not SKYPE its Voipcheap, so any one else either using it OK or having problems.  Thanks in advance.  

[/quote]

No not on the contrary Ron, I really have had no problems with Nationwide as I said in my post. I was not speaking for any other users. VOIP is VOIP and uses the same protocol whoever the provider is, just as a car is a car and not a train.

Archived