Complete France Forum

Spoofed address

Over the last couple of days, I have received well in excess of 1000 bounced emails and bounce notifications, all sent in reply to messages seemingly originating from my website domain name.[:@]

All the mail addressed to the my website is redirected to my Gmail account and with Mailwasher added, I can filter, blacklist and delete all these messages before downloading my real mail.

The messages are being automatically bounced by the recipients and enter a cycle of several more' resent / bounced' rounds until the mailing system finally gives up and the whole thing gets binned.

I don't think I have had it quite this bad before...[:'(]

Is there anything else I could do?

I've had a similar problem Clair, but not with the same number that you've had. I'm actually getting emails sent from me to me and I have no idea how to deal with that (I can't blacklist myself).

Help anyone..............................

Gary,

You might be interested in reading this article.

As far as your own address being used to send you spam, you can create a rule from within email program:

from: your address AND to: your address  => ACTION: delete

Gmail is very good as seeing my messages as spam and a quick glance down the list confirms there is no real mail being binned before I hit the DELETE button.

I am still getting about 20 of the bounce notifications every 5mn or so, even in Spanish and Japanese ![:)]

Archived