Complete France Forum

Renewing credit on a mobile!!!

I have just spent the last 45 minutes TRYING to put 10€ worth of credit on my Orange mobile phone! I am already grey and now going more bald by the minute.

PLEASE can someone tell me how I get the 14 numbers from the till type slip onto my mobile??????[:@][8-)][blink]

Well nobody's answered yet, so here's what little I know - I have an SFR sim in my PAYG - on my top up ticket it tells you a number to call on the mobile. It's a free call, before you ask! It's answered by a recording telling you to press a button if you want to perform a top up. You then move to another recording telling you to enter the number from the top up ticker followed by the # key. It will then tell you whether the top up has been accepted and if so, that it will be available to be used in a few minutes.

I'm not sure if Orange use the same system, or not, but I would think that it has to be something similar. I'm sure someone on here will put me straight if not.

Jonzjob, I struggled yesterday & finally realised what I was doing wrong!!

I hope this helps - when you dial 124 a very nice French lady will start giving instructions & then pause.  This is when you key in the number.  I heard her mention "star" & thought this was what I had to press - but I think that's only for bank card top-ups.

Archived