Complete France Forum

Mobile Phone PAYG Validities

Just cant believe how restrictive the mobile phone offerings are in France. From SFR a 20 Euro topup card is only valid for 30 days and then divided into 10 euros chat and 10 euros text. After 30 days, used or not the credit is gone. In Spain a vodafone PAYT card lasts 9 months and you get 3 months grace before the number is lost. UK purchased topup for UK phones seems the most generous of all re validity.

If you just want a mobile for the car that's used very rarely, it would seem a UK or Spanish PAYG is the best option.

Anyone have any better ideas?

This has come up and been moaned about several times.  I suppose it's not so different from a pay monthly contract, if you don't use up your allowance it's lost (or maybe rolled over for 1 month)  It's just that we're used to long term credit on PAYG.

I see that several of the major supermarkets are touting there own top up cards.  I haven't checked them out yet but I suppose they will be very similar terms to whatever supplier they have bought airtime from.  Maybe a little added sweetener like 'You can call Mozambique on midnight on Sunday for a reduction of 10 cents'

Archived