Complete France Forum

Help - where has the sound gone on my laptop?

I am not hugely keen on my computer making friendly little beeps all the time for one reason or another, so I managed to turn off that feature.  But I can't remember how!

I just realised that I can't get any sound out of it now - i.e. if I want to play a music track.  I checked the volume slider, but it is set to a medium position, and any sliding up and down has no effect. 

Can anyone suggest what I can do to temporarily restore the sound?

I'm using a laptop, running Windows XP, in case that's relevant...

Many thanks in advance!

Angela

Angela,

As well as software operated controls like the volume slider and mute, laptops usually have a mechanical volume control as well – either a thumbwheel or volume up and down buttons and possibly a mechanical “mute” button.

I knew there would be some geniuses reading this plea!

Mute was not ticked, Bugbear, so though it might well have been the answer - that was not it this time...

but Ecossais - I had quite forgotten about the little volume knob at the front!  Spot-on!
Now I can check out my daughter's singing !   [:D]

Thank you both so much.

Angela

[quote user="Ecossais"][quote user="Loiseau"]

Now I can check out my daughter's singing !   [:D] [/quote]

Hi Angela,

I’m glad you got your laptop speakers working, however I doubt if any PC speakers could do justice to the Diva’s wonderful voices.

[/quote]

Angela, you must be so very proud; their singing is truly superb. I really enjoyed listening to the pieces in the link you gave - thank you.

Sue [:)]

Archived