Complete France Forum

Is it worth getting a French Sim card for my mobile, to use in France.

I know if I do calls within France will be cheaper for me to make and calls made to me wont be charged to me but the caller.

I can obtain a Sim over here (UK) for £35 or so with about 5 Euro Credit.

Would it be cheaper to buy a French Mobile when we come over as it will have everything including Credit  (I presume).

David

[quote user="David"]Is it worth getting a French Sim card for my mobile, to use in France.
I know if I do calls within France will be cheaper for me to make and calls made to me wont be charged to me but the caller.
I can obtain a Sim over here (UK) for £35 or so with about 5 Euro Credit.
Would it be cheaper to buy a French Mobile when we come over as it will have everything including Credit  (I presume).

David
[/quote]

In fact you can buy a UK Virgin PAYG SIM in Argos for £5 that includes £5 of credit (or you could in April)

You can currently buy a French Virgin SIM (delivered to a French address) online that includes €5 credit, for €15. Calls and texts cost similar or less than other French PAYG calls. 10 €uro recharges last three months, unless things have changed recently other operators' only offer €35 cards that last (expire after) three months. Unused credit usually cumulates if topped up before expiry date.

Steve

Archived