Complete France Forum

Cannot receive mail from Tiscali

I have suddenly stopped receiving emails from a friend who is with Tiscali (I am on Wanadoo), although she is getting mine OK.  I also do not receive the read receipts I asked for when she reads my messages.  And she gets no error message from the postmaster or whatever when my messages don't get through - they just seem to go into a big black hole.

Can anyone shed any light?

(I have checked she is not on my Blocked Senders list)

Chrissie (81)

This is an issue affecting all Tiscali subscribers at present. What has happened is that Tiscali addresses have been used by spammers to .... er ... send spam. Hence Tiscali has been blocked by most other ISPs - including Orange/Wanadoo. So, although your friend will receive emails sent by you, you will not receive anything sent by her - including delivery and read receipts. The situation will remain until Tiscali convinces the other ISPs collectively that it has put measures in place to prevent its services being used by spammers. Tiscali has advised its users to temporarily use free email services from other providers - eg gmail, hotmail, etc.

Regards

Pickles

Archived