Complete France Forum

No contract dial up internet connection

Last year I set up a dial up connection with Wanadoo which worked when I visited our house in June, July/August and October. When we went back in April it wouldn't connect and i had the same again in May so i think they may have disconnected me through lack of use (although I still get emails to the email address I set up with them).

Is there anyone else who provides a free, no contract dial up service? I don't know if I can get broadband anyway but am not too worried - mainly just want to be able to send and receive email when I am at the house rather than surfing the net, and I don't want to be paying for a connection all year when we will rarely use it so dial up will have to do.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the replies - I will try those, getting a CD from an electrical place seems like a good idea, that is what I did for wanadoo/orange. I suspect I may need to set up a new account each year - most UK providers cut you off after 6 months inactivity, presumably the French are the same. As for talking to Orange - at 40cents per minute with my level of French language it could be a very expensive and unproductive call, especially if it got technical!!

Cooperlola - I guess you are the same person who posts on Pistonheads, is that true?

Andy

Archived