Complete France Forum

how to add a computer to an Orange account?

I'm taking my computer travelling this summer while friends move into the house with their own laptops. Can someone explain to me how they will set their computers up on my Orange account? Is it just a matter of  installing the software and connecting to the Livebox? But if it is, does that mean they'll have access to my mail? I'm clearly confused about this but would appreciate some advice....

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I've never actually used WIFI but I notice that the little icon on the tool bar is occasionally on but most often off. I assumed this was because we are very rural and the signal might be very poor. The regular internet connection (ADSL) however is brilliant. So I don't exactly understand why wifi would work better than the internet....

[quote user="Skye"]

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I've never actually used WIFI but I notice that the little icon on the tool bar is occasionally on but most often off. I assumed this was because we are very rural and the signal might be very poor. The regular internet connection (ADSL) however is brilliant. So I don't exactly understand why wifi would work better than the internet....

[/quote]

How are you connecting to the Livebox?  Wirelessly or via cable?  WIFI in this context refers to the wireless connection from your computer(s) to your router (in this case, Livebox), not to some kind of wireless connection from your computer to, say, a cell tower or satellite system.  So when people talk about WIFI signal problems in their French houses, they're usually talking about probs caused by thick walls, etc.

Even if you're connecting wirelessly, you wouldn't necessarily expect to see that little broadcast-tower looking icon all the time (depending on your toobar notification settings).

Archived