Complete France Forum

Need help with recordable DVD

We're trying to programme a DVD and connect it up with our Sky channels (which is all we currently have)... .however, when the DVD system has finished scanning for all available channels, it flashes a message saying there are none found.

The satellite dish cable is plugged into the DVD as instructed and all the cabling seems right.

When switching the DVD on/off a  half second of the programme currently on Sky flashes through ...

Any bright ideas??

Thanks!

Sorry - what you have written has puzzled me for a while - I've been playing around with this sort of thing for many years but never have I plugged a satellite dish cable into a DVD recorder.

I think what you are trying to do is record your tv from your Sky box. Many people have problems with this, so if I'm right, you're not alone. What you need to do is to make your DVD recorder 'look at' the signal coming from your Sky box so that you can record it. This usually means that you have to set the input on your recorder to AV, external or line in. Without knowing more about your equipment I can't be more precise. I have a Sony DVD recorder and it needs to be set to 'line 3' to record the Sky box output.

This then lets the recorder 'see' the picture coming from the box to record it. You can, of course, only record the channels the Sky box is set to - unless you have a 'twin' setup that is.

Hope this, at least, points you in the right direction.

Tim

Thanks Timco.  I've done the above.  When in set up menu I can now hear the Sky programme audio going on, but it's still not finding the channels.  It's soooo frustrating.  My hubbie installed and set up the satalitte dish and is normally really good at working out this sort of thing, but this has us baffled!

It's a Panasonic DVD and the set up guide is about 600 pages long! 

I'm glad he's sorted it out. It sounds as if you were trying to get the DVD recorder to tune in the TV stations - the same way you would if you were in England - but unless your DVD recorder has a multi-standard tuner you won't get anything. Hence getting the machine to look at it's line in via the scart lead.

Regards - Tim

Archived