Complete France Forum

Summer-only Broadband?

Has anyone any experience with "no contract" ADSL here in France? I have had a number of queries here from people with summer homes who just want to be able to hit the 'net while they are here, and not have to pay for the unused winter months.

Any suggestions and help gratefully received, of course

Bill

We have unlimited ADSL from Orange.fr for a cost of 24.90 Euro+TVA per month with no Contract. We holiday here each year.

We close the service on departure and re activate on return. By post, they supply a new e mail address and 'mot de passe'.

You need a telephone line of course, and again we place this service in suspension on departure and re activate by a phone call prior to arrival. You can keep the same telephone number this way. There is a small monthly charge whilst the telephone number is in suspension, and a reconnection charge of 15 Euros applies. They will need your French  bank account details for direct debit.

If you want further information,there is an English speaking French Telecom helpline on 08 00 36 47 75 or from overseas 00 33 155 78 60 5 6, with few operators so be patient. They will help you to put your phone number in to 'tele supendu'on departure and resurrect it on your return. They will also help you resurrect an ADSL service each time you return. You just call them to cancel your ADSL service when you leave.

Bon Chance!

Thanks for all the useful info - on the whole, I prefer Orange's ADSL offerings (perverse, I know, but true)

I'd like to keep the e-mail address going even while the service is suspended but other than that, everything you've given me is everything I need! So many thanks again

Bill

Archived