Complete France Forum

Miscreant Keyboard

Another problem. All of a sudden our keyboard has decided it is a US style one. Shift + 3 gives # instead of the pound sign and " and @ are swapped over. According to control panel UK keyboard is the only one installed. I've tried everything I know without success - any ideas?

Patrick

Yes, Ernie it did start round about Wednesday. The violent storms we have here produce all sorts of strange results but I wasn't actually blaming the keyboard problem on that . . .but who knows?

Yes been into Language options - everything set to UK English.

Patrick

control panel/keyboard

click on hardware tab then properties and then driver tab then make your choices from there.

It doesn't sound like the problem to me though. Have you checked that the keyboard is set to UK?

Right click on the taskbar bottom of screen (normally!) and hover over toolbars, click language bar, then it will be displayed on the taskbar.Right click on the langage bar (on mine it says EN), choose settings and make sure English(United kingdom) is selected as the default input language. Below this you can choose which languages are set up for your keyboard.

Danny

On top of Danny & Janes post I would also chose to remove the US keyboard (and any others there may be in the list) which I'm guessing you have no need of.

Having done that you can also get rid of the Language bar which again you probably don't need and just sucks up resources.

Curioser and curiouser..........[8-)]

Try this.

Go to Control Panel/System/Device Manager.

On the menu bar click View and select Show Hidden Devices

Click the + next to Keyboards then in turn right click on each item and Uninstall.

Next go up to the top of the list where your computer name is, right click on it and Scan for Hardware Changes.

It should now "rediscover" the keyboard and possibly solve your problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Just another way of checking or changing the input language.

Start button > Control panel > Regional and Language options > Languages tab at top > Details... Button >

There you can change the default input language and remove unwanted input languages. As well as turn the language bar off.

There is several ways to do most things in windows.

HTH

Archived