Complete France Forum

Cancelling Teleconnect

We are returning to UK shortly and I am cancelling Teleconnect.

I know I must return the modem and all accessories and send a letter, "avec avis de reception."

Should I attach the letter to the parcel and send by registered mail or should I send them separately?

I have been very happy with the service but I don't appear to be able to suspend the service until we return next year, as I thought.

From the teleconnect terms and conditions:

5.1 The contract remains in effect for an unlimited period from the date of activation. The
Customer may cancel the contract for any reason, and at any time, by registered letter (lettre
recommandée avec avis de réception). Cancellation will become effective 30 days from
receipt of letter, provided that modem and accessories, in working order, are also returned
within this period. A cancellation fee, indicated in price list, may be applied. The contract may
be cancelled by Budget Telecom for any reason upon 30 days of notice. In the case of non-
payment of bill, the contract may be cancelled without prior notice.

If you are not going to use the kit, save yourself one AR fee and send them together, otherwise if  you want to use it in the 30 day period, then hang on to it. Make sure they receive it before the 30 days are up though!

Danny

Why don't you phone them and ask their advice, after all, the major reason they exist is that they are an English speaking ISP!

I wonder where you got the idea that you could suspend their service or did you perhaps confuse suspend with terminate?

If you've been happy with them and propose reconnecting at a later date if you tell them so then maybe they would cut you a deal of some sort, no harm in asking is there, no ask = no get [;-)]

One of the small print charges with teleconnect is 25€ for reactivation after suspension - I suspect this is an additional payment if they should have to suspend the service (for instance after late payment) and not if the client has chosen to. There is also a charge of 45€ for service cancellation which will probably be due on termination of the agreement.

Archived