Complete France Forum

Security advice from nowhere?

Hi folks in the wonder of cyberland. Has anyone seen this before. I havent and I don't knoe if it's a con or genuine??

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Image1-1.jpg[/IMG]

If it's a goodie I don't want to dump it, if not it's for the bin.

I have already had 6 e-mails today from 'paypal' asking me to update my details. They went in the bin!!!

Thank you all gents for your quick response. It didn't come as an e-mail, it just appeared as a new window. The format is the same as Skype. I have just hit the little red X top right of the window. Does that get rid of it?? Or just shut it for now??

Cat, that's an interesting forum, as is yours Fridgeman. I have now blocked all but the names on my contact list.

Thank you all!!

Blimey, now Orange are offering me 50 'points fidélité if I change my e-maile from wanadoo to orange. If I do that has anyone any idea as to how I inform all of my address book?? Preferably not 1 by 1...

Give me a spanner and a hammer and I will fix your mainframe. Give me a PC, better still, don't give me a 'cornered rat' (PC)[:-))]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]now Orange are offering me 50 'points fidélité if I change my e-maile from wanadoo to orange. If I do that has anyone any idea as to how I inform all of my address book?? Preferably not 1 by 1...[/quote] *** CAUTION ***

There is a thread here somewhere by someone who made the change and got his old Wanado email ID wiped out in the process...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll see if I can find it, just wanted to alert you before you took the plunge [;-)]

It seems that people/companies are ubusing Skype to frighten people to buy software they don't need or to infect peoples machines.

When XP was launched it had a built in network messaging system so system admins could send messages to all desktops on their network to warn of network problems or work being undertaken on the network. Unfortunately, people and companies started using this to infiltrate home PC's and microsoft made a patch to disable it for security reasons. ICQ is also misused in this way.

I use Eudora on this laptop and outlook on our tower PC and working on the principal the you can't teach an old dog new tricks that is where I think they will stay. Not just because of the 'old dog', but because this one is thick as well as old!

Looking at you link to the other post Ernie I also think that I will stick with my wanadoo address. It comes as second nature to trype it in now anyway!! (trype is not a smelling mastike!)

Archived