Complete France Forum

I am a bit confused as I have read posts that suggest that you give people your FT fixe number rather than your Internet phone number and just use the VOIP for outgoing calls as they are, in my case, free in France and cheap to UK. This implies that the your caller is charged the same whichever phone they call to in your house.

However I have also read that callers from UK get a cheaper rate if they call a VOIP number rather than the FT fixe number.

Any idea which is right? I want to be sure I am not giving people duff info. I would rather give them the FT fixe number as that is more reliable as my Livebox Telephone Illimite light is off more than on at the moment so couldnt be contacted on that anyway!

I had assumed that the VOIP numbers (ours is an 0877 number) were only "local rate" if you called them from France.  Given how expensive 0845 numbers in the UK are when dialled from France I haven't given anyone our VOIP number,  as I assumend that a similar "expesnive" tariff would exist from the UK to France..

So like you I'd be interested to find out what BT or anyone else in the UK actually charge to fing an + 33 0877 number....

Archived