Complete France Forum

EMAIL & HOTMAIL ACC. HELP!!!!

Hi everyone

I don't know if this has been covered before, sorry if it has,  but I am having immense problems trying to email hotmail accounts,  whether they are .com or .co.uk.  They are getting bounced by the 'post master general' in windows live for policy reasons. ie mining etc!! This problem has only just arisen with what seems to be all hotmail acc.  Before it was just the occassional account, but now, I can't even send emails to my own hotmail acc. (which I could do up until this morning) from my orange messagerie emailer.  I have thought of setting up a hotmail acc to try and overcome the problem, but  I need to use the wanadoo.fr as it is on all our advertising and website, and up until now, there hasn't been any real problems.  If anyone out there has experienced the same or knows of any fix, I would really appreciate it.  I need to sort it asap as it is going to impact on our small gite business if I cannot send info out to hotmail acc. Many thanks in advance

Kimberly

PS I use mcaffee internet security suite for virus, privacy etc. and is updated daily

Hi Chrissie

Thanks for your reply, I have a quick look at the link, and please pardon my ignorance!, but I use the orange/wanadoo messagerie and not outlook express as my main emailer, although I do have it and can read emails in it but not send, would it still work for the wanadoo messagerie?? I don't want to start 'fiddling' around if it won't work for messagerie in case I lose all connections!! 

Many thanks

Kimberly

As you can probably tell, I am no expert!!!

Ooh, er.....I know absolutely NOTHING about technical things.  Hopefully someone else (such as Eslier) will reply with more help.  If you're desperate, couldn't you write down whatever is currently in the box that you would think of changing, so that it could be put back to the original if necessary?

Come on, techie people!  Where are you all?

Chrissie (81)

Hi Chrissie

Many thanks for your reply.  I had a look at my outlook express and all the info relates to wanadoo and not orange and no passwords are setup.  I think this is because when I set up wanadoo way back when it was the provider, I didn't set up outlook express.  I think what I will need to do is go to see France Telecom in Saintes and ask if there is a software upgrade that will change the server to orange.  In the interim, I have created a second hotmail account to get around the problem, so when I do get enquiries with hotmail acc., at least I can reply through that.  Thanks again for all your help

Kimberly 17

[quote user="jetlag"]How bizarre is this, today it works[:D]!!![/quote]

Jetlag, I looked into this very problem last week as my neighbour was sending me emails from their Orange account to my Hotmail address that I was not receiving. I carried out test messages from an email account(Orange/Freeserve/Wanadoo) that I do not use to my Hotmail account and did not receive them. I spoke to Orange and they are aware of the problem but there is not much they can do. Having Googled the problem there are masses of complaints.

The reason is that so much Spam has been originating from Orange accounts that Hotmail, Yahoo and possible other ISP's are blocking many of these emails. The only solution I can suggest is that you change you Email provider as this may be a long term problem.

Baz

Hi Baz

Thanks for your reply, I have created a seperate Hotmail account for when the problem arises as I need to keep my existing email address.  It seems to be quite intermittant and dependant on time of day!  Thanks again for the info re orange, it has saved me a trip in Saintes.

Kimberly

Archived