Complete France Forum

ITunes question

When I download my audio books onto ITunes  first I wait for it to copy it, then I go into file /get info/ and have to write the name amount of disc in the set title ect, once and it copies its to al the sections  and I push ok. But as soon as I eject the disc and it moves to the list screen all the info dissapears, and I have to write it again but on every single section, where am I going wrong , as this takes for ever ?

Many Thanks  

Sorry bones only just seen this , Mmmm probally didnt explain my self very well did I ? So I'll try again but it will probally be just as bad as I dont know what Im talking about [blink]

Right I put my audio book CD in my puter and copy it on to I tunes.

Before I take the CD out if I go to file/ get info, I can type the information , name of book , author, genre, ect only once and it with copy it to all the sections. But as soon as I take the CD out all that I have typed has dissappeared and I have to retype it on to every section (some times for a 16 hour book there are hundreds of sections to type) (in the get info section, you type then push next and so on)

What I want to now is it possible to type it once after the CD is out and for it to copy to every section?

Is this any better ?[8-)] 

No, that's pretty much the same explanation you gave the first time. [:D]

I know what you mean about the 'get info' function but I've never even copied a CD to itunes.

I stand by what I said in my previous post: copy the cd to itunes (I assume it will be there permanently after copying?)

Take out the CD.

Then use the 'get info' function.

I've no idea whether this will work but the only way to at least diagnose the problem properly is to remove the only obvious step (of leaving the cd in whilst you add the info) from the equation. If that doesn't work, try hitting it with a hammer.

[B]

Hasty edit:

I think I catch your drift now!

You DON'T want to have to manualy use the get info function where (after a while) it does it semi automaticaly but still takes yonks?

Ah!

Hang on, I'll try and open Itunes and see what's what....

No, I have no idea!

I thought you might have been talking about a function where itunes automatically searches for the info on the net but the only function I can see is for itunes to get the album artwork for you.

I use Nero for converting/burning etc and that searches an internet database for all the info for you....

So, to summarise, I don't even know what you're trying to achieve! [:P]

Archived