Complete France Forum

Bargain on SD memory cards!

If you are using SD mem cards have a look at this bargain AND BEWARE!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00070QI1I/ref=dp_olp_2

Late the night before last I ordered 8 of these and being 1/2 asleep and the other 1/2 not awake I completed the order. It was only when I got the e-mail confirmation that I realised that the cards were going to cost me £2 something for the 8 and £36 for the post and packing!!!!! Looking at the Amazom P&P costs it should work out at A max of about £10. I have e-mailed Amazon, had a reply very quickly and have contacted the seller. I now await the reply as to if they are going to charge me the correct P&P or if I cancel the order?

That's funny because that is exactly what happened to me last year, I also was able to cancel the order but no explaination.  Note also that there is/was a scam with very cheap memory cards, some low capacity (128Mb) cards were printed up to be 2Gb or more and then some compression software loaded onto them with the result that you were diddled!  The way to find out if you have a good 'un is to copy a LARGE file (or many smaller ones) to the card and read it back.  I use a movie file for this, nice and big.  It should copy in a few minutes (not say 20 or 30 mins) and should read back with no problems.  I've been OK so far but I know someone who got a duff 'new' card from ebay

I used to do Amazon selling and the postage was bonkers - there's a unit price for electronic goods which is set by them.  What tends to happen then is that sellers selling lightweight items, put the price down incredibly low and take the profit from the postage costs as there is nothing you can do to alter them under the fixed system.

Archived