Complete France Forum

Has anyone had a problem with the picture on ITV3 recently? Until a couple of days ago I had good reception. Suddenly  I have sound but no picture. Tried re-installuing (Astra2 10906 v 22000) but stays the same. All other channels ok with no problem, only ITV3 seems to be affected.

I am using a motorised setup with a Sedea S9000 receiver.

Hi Martin

I don't use ITV 3+1 but have checked it and have - nothing. ITV3 now gives a message "Service is not running or scrambled" . I still get sound but no picture. No other channels seem to be affected. I can get ITV1/2/4 with no problems, and all my BBC channels are ok.

B

Difficult to say,  but first thought is to wonder if your motorised dish has just drifted a tiny bit off track and it just so happens that this particular transponder is more affected than the others.  Can you fine-adjust the dish remotely once it's parked on the nominal position for the Astra 2 cluster...?

Having said that, it is very odd that you're still getting the sound reliably.   If the PID's (programme ID's) had changed recently that might explain it but I don't think they have.   In which case you could try actually deleting ITV 3 (preferably delete all the programmes on that transponder) from your channel list and then rescanning as you did before to see if that corrects the video PID.

Apart from that - in the total absence of problems on other channels- I'm a teensy weensy bit stumped to be honest.

That is an odd one - I've just looked at the satellite frequencies for ITV3 and it shares the same transponder (frequency) as ITV3+1, Channel Islands TV, Scottish TV and Ulster TV - do you get any of these? If you do, then it gets even stranger!!![8-)]

Tim

Have taken EVERYTHING off and reinstalled everything from scratch - I now have ITV3. (I only watch Kavanagh QC and Tagggart) I haven't a clue what happenned but suspect it's those gremlins again.

Once more. thanks to all.

B

Does sound as though the PID's on ITV3 got corrupted.   Keep an eye on it,  it can be a sign that the memory on the box is failing,   but if it's just a one off then there's nothing to worry about.

Glad you're sorted.  ITV3 has some good programmes for those of us "d'un certain age".

Thanks Martin - the receiver is about 4 years old and has a double tuner so that I can watch one program whilst recording another. I noticed the other night whilst watching a programme I had recorded earlier on tuner 2 that the picture was ok but no sound!. Perhaps it's time to change?

I do have another receiver with PVR but don't have the confidence to set it up.

B

A bit more info - I was reading 'in another place' about a few others who also had problems with ITV3 over the last week or so. They weren't able to nail down the problem either but ended up re-scanning as well. So it seems possible that something did happen, the trouble is - no-one has come up with what it was - curious.

Tim

Archived