Complete France Forum

Help! Can't send e-mails

[quote user="tenniswitch"]

I still can't send, and haven't got your excuse; there's nothing sitting in my outbox.  I haven't changed my account from wanadoo to orange.  Do you suppose that's causing my problem? [/quote]

I had the same problem and solved it - with assistance from a french friend with the same problem. I use Courrier not Outlook but that doesn't make any difference -  I accessed properties for each of my email accounts (I use laposte as well as others)  in my email program; chose Mail Server option; then in outgoing mail server for each account changed the mail server name to <<smtp.orange.fr << (no arrows) leaving the port as 25.

This worked for me.

Sue

[quote user="spg"][quote user="tenniswitch"]

I still can't send, and haven't got your excuse; there's nothing sitting in my outbox.  I haven't changed my account from wanadoo to orange.  Do you suppose that's causing my problem? [/quote]

I had the same problem and solved it - with assistance from a french friend with the same problem. I use Courrier not Outlook but that doesn't make any difference -  I accessed properties for each of my email accounts (I use laposte as well as others)  in my email program; chose Mail Server option; then in outgoing mail server for each account changed the mail server name to <<smtp.orange.fr << (no arrows) leaving the port as 25.

This worked for me.

Sue

[/quote]

Thanks, Sue, but I don't think my US ISP allows connections through port 25.

I have been having the opposite problem.  I can send emails via Outlook but cannot access any incoming emails.  I get the following error message (I have taken out the actual name of my email account)

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. , Server: *************, Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Login failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I have worked through and reset the passwords but nothing seems to work. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

[quote user="tenniswitch"][quote user="spg"][quote user="tenniswitch"]

This worked for me.

Sue [/quote]

Thanks, Sue, but I don't think my US ISP allows connections through port 25. [/quote]

Whoops! I forgot you had an American ISP ...

Sue

[quote user="spg"][quote user="tenniswitch"][quote user="spg"][quote user="tenniswitch"]

This worked for me.

Sue [/quote]

Thanks, Sue, but I don't think my US ISP allows connections through port 25. [/quote]

Whoops! I forgot you had an American ISP ...

Sue

[/quote]

Heavens, you can't expect to keep track of everything.  Too many people, too many details...[:)]

Archived