Complete France Forum

It looks as if France is joining the present time as far as the price of CD ROMs is concerned http://www.amazon.fr/

This is just the Sony kit. There are all the known brands up for grabs. do they know something that we mere mortals don't?

I'm about to order mine instead of having to get them through www.7dayshop.com and paying the postage from family addresses in the U.K.

Just paid €11.90 for a spindle of 100 Memorex CD-Rs in Andorra........[:D]  I waited until my tank was low, so the saving on diesel more than offset the cost of the trip.  I also bought 5 litres of good olive oil and my allocation of booze for a good price.  Altogether a good days shopping [:-))]   

You are only just up the road John, so isn’t Andorra cost effective for you too?  Or apart from the fuel, La Jonquera?

Cheers!

From us B Andora is about a 220 mile round trip and La Jonquera a bit less, so unless there were some other reason such as we ain't bin there yet let's have a look it would need to be a mamoth shopping trip. We aren't the ones wot like mamoth shopping of any kind. We will get to both places, but I still think that Amazon.fr is the best bet for the moment. Thanks for the tip though!![:D]

I'm not really worried about where they come from as long as they don't try the rip off of charging £5 each for the 4 SD micro cards that one U.K. place tried. About £2 each for the cards and £5 each postage. They are about the same size as a postage stamp. That was the postage for delivery in the U.K.!

Just checked the postage and I'll put up with 2€.[:D]

John why didnt you tell me you wanted some I could of picked then up in tescos..... you have about half an hour to let me know what you need  and if there are any in tescos I could pick them up this evening and you could have them by next week ..... or it will be too late [I]  

That's very kind again P, but we have been out firstly at the AGM for the local Club le 3em Age and then the village welcome the New Year eve. It's a wonderful eve with the Mator letting all know what has happened over the year and then one of the villagers showing the history of the village for last year on a VERY professional video presentation. I even had some of my woodwork shown!! Followed by a nice buffet and pleanty of liquid refreshent, non alcoholic you understand ([6]). In yer dreams kidoh!!

You just get yourselves on that kite and don't worry, but thank you very much!! See ya soon kido.

P.S. Nearly forgot to tell. There's snow on yer mountain, we saw it this afternoon!! But I don't think it will cause you problems getting there 'cause there is not too much.. Looks quite nice though![:D]

Bon voyage...

Archived