Complete France Forum

Problem sending emails in Outlook with Orange

Can anybody help please? We have our own email address (e.g. mail@rooksfarm.com - not real so don't use it!) using UK based mail server. Our email has worked fine until two weeks ago and now no longer sends through outlook. We have a wifi network set up using Orange Livebox. I am sure it is not the email settings as if i take my laptop to the UK and connect on a wifi network there I have no problems sending emails. Has anyone else experienced this and more importantly solved it? Many thanks,

JJ

Hmmmm

Not sure if this will help but I had a problem until recently with sending emails from outlook express via orange in UK connecting with a Voda mobile broadband modem.  I could receive mails no problem into Outlook but no way would it send.  Same as you if I connected to a UK wifi network then send and receive no trouble at all.

The fix I found was to set the OUTGOING mail server in outlook settings to the local (Vodafone) server instead of the UK (Orange) server.

Try in your settings to set your outgoing server to you local french server.  If it doesn't work it's simple to change back - just remember to write down what your outgoing server is now before you do it!

Archived