Complete France Forum

Connecting to ADSL

Can anyone tell me why I have suddenly had to connect to my ADSL line every time I power up my PC, laptop on Wifi or desktop on ethernet from our Livebox?

We used to be able to power up from either a shutdown or an hibernation and go straight into e-mails or on line. Now I have to go into Network Connections and connect manually.

I don't know that I have changed anything!!

Funnily enough I've got a similar issue with one of my machines on my BT hub. Up until a week or two ago I could just fire up the PC and it would pick up the connection. Now about 50% of the time I have to manually disconnect and reconnect. Annoyingly it announces a perfectly good connection at start up. The usual home for this machine is about a foot away from the wireless hub and it shows a strong signal.

I've tried unplugging everything & restarting but it still sulks. The other machine is fine.

Hmm, intreaguing.

Whilst I've been away this past fortnight 'er indoors has been having intermittent connection problems between her PC, which has PCI WiFi card and external antenna, and the router in an adjacent room no more than maybe 3m away which presents an otherwise rock solid signal. Sometimes it just stubbornly refuses to connect at all and at others it'll work perfectly for hours or all day.

Due home tomorrow so I'll be able to investigate further.

Aliens ???????????????

Archived