Complete France Forum

how do i ask for receipt of message??

Very simple question but I am new oap at computers but when i send a message and would like to ask recipient to say yes message received what do I do?????????????

please in simple guidance-I have windows xp set up.

thanks.[8-)]

Do you use Outlook Express, or something else for your mailbox?

If OE, click on "Tools" then "Options" then "Receipts" then tick the box which says "Request a read receipt for all sent messages".

If you only want to do this for specific messges, then, when creating a new mail to send, do the same thing, click on tools within the message, then click on "Request Read Receipt", and a tick appears along side it.

EDIT : But bear in mind that if the recipient choses to do so, he/she can chose not to acknowlege receipt, should they wish.

What Coops says is quite right - it's simple to do, but people do tend to get annoyed by the 'Do you want to acknowledge receipt?' box that comes up every time they open an e-mail sent by somebody who has activated this feature, and generally tick 'no'.

An alternative is a program like Msgtag (www.msgtag.com) which I have found very useful in the past (having been able to show the 'read receipt' to people who denied receiving messages). It does much the same thing, but is invisible to the recipient so is much more dificult to bypass. There is a basic free version, and other paid-for ones with more functions.

Archived