Complete France Forum

Orange Messagerie Vocale 888

I've started Orange mobile telephone service and cannot figure out how to access my voicemail messages.

Every time I dial 888, I get the prompts to enregistrer a Code Secret and my name and pronoun, and I do this, but somehow it never gets saved and I never actually get to a point such that I can listen to my messages (I know that people have left some).

Evidently I'm misunderstanding some of the prompts. 

Can anyone tell me either how to get to my voicemail or where I can find out how to do this?  I've looked on the FT website, but it just gives rather general information about setting up the prompts, nothing specific to my problem.

Thanks.

Thanks for the good wishes.  I finally got it working- I guess I wasn't quite completing the enregistrement.  Sat down and experimented with different keys until I finally made it through the entire setup procedure.

Using a telephone can be quite a challenge for me in France, too.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="Cat"]I've helped a few people with this, I think it's often the "touch dieze" or hash key at the end that people have a problem with .[/quote]

If by that you mean the key towards the bottom right with two parallel horizontal lines and two parallel slanted lines (in the US we call it the number key or the pound key), you're right in my case. 

That's the chap, this one #.

It's used to save/confirm that you have finished entering your information, so if it isn't pressed at the end of an operation (like entering PIN number, or top-up number) the system throws a wobbly.

[quote user="Cat"]

That's the chap, this one #.

It's used to save/confirm that you have finished entering your information, so if it isn't pressed at the end of an operation (like entering PIN number, or top-up number) the system throws a wobbly.

[/quote]

Okay, now I get it.  I was hearing something that sounded to me like "touche piege" which made no sense, but they were saying was "touche dièse", i.e., the (musical) sharp sign.  Now it makes perfect sense.

Archived