Complete France Forum

Question re configuring Netgear DG834PN router/modem after a move

We're preparing to move and will be using our DG834PN router/modem in the new house.

Right now it's configured for our old Wanadoo/Orange ADSL, but we've already set up a new account for the new house.

I can't remember exactly what I did when I first changed from the Orange-supplied Sagem modem to the Netgear.  It seems as if I just connected the Netgear box to the telephone line and plugged it in and it immediately detected our connection.  Then I connected it to the computer and set up security codes, etc., for the wireless connection.

When I look at the settings in the router software, I see the old Orange login name and password, so I must have also entered those at some point.  I've looked through all the Microsoft software on my computer (running XP Pro and IE7), but can't find anywhere that I entered any Orange info on the computer, just the network name and password.

Obviously, since it's still my same network with the same hardware and software I don't have to make any changes there.

So, when we move should I just boot up and change the Orange login name and password on the router?

Or is there something that I'm overlooking?

Archived