Complete France Forum

Windows Vista Voice Recognition

I do a lot of word processing work and I have decided to start training my laptop to recognise my speech in order to use the Vista Voice Recognition facility.

It seems quite sophisticated and there is something a bit magic at seeing the text appear on the screen as I speak!

Windows Vista Voice Recognition part 1

Windows Vista Voice Recognition part 2

Does anyone else use it?

Any tips?

Clair

The other day I had wandered into PC World looking for a mouse and came away with this item. Then I read your post and found that it works well with Vista speech recognition.

Details here.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Logitech_EasyCall_Desktop_Keyboard__Review_5644721

A large computer shop in the UK is selling this for £24.99 and it really is a bargain if you're in the market for a Keyboard, Mouse, Mic, Headphones, Miniature speakers (hands free unit). The quality of sound is really very good.

There is some special software to install if you want to use the Skype facilities but otherwise it is completely plug and play (Windows Vista SP1) without you having to configure anything.

Hope this is usefull info.

Trevor

Thanks Trevor

I have "invested" in a Labtec headset (they were all priced at €19.99!) and I have actually managed to order my computer to open a spreadsheet, enter some data and save the file just by talking to it!

It would have been undoubtedly faster to use the keyboard, but where's the fun in that!! [:-))]

I will persevere... [:D]

Archived