Complete France Forum

Hi Everyone,

We have a holiday property in Charente which has no fixed telephone line connected. Is there any way in France of connecting to the web via a internet card without subscribing to a fixed line telephone service? In the UK you can now buy cheap wireless internet cards and connect without a telephone line. Any help much appreciated.

Best Regards

Paul.

[quote user="Tandem_Pilot"]My property is a holiday one [/quote]

Quite a few mairies have free internet access if you are a tax payer - which you are - by dint of paying taxe d'hab and taxe foncière.

Worth checking out.

Sue

[quote user="spg"]

[quote user="Tandem_Pilot"]My property is a holiday one [/quote]

Quite a few mairies have free internet access if you are a tax payer - which you are - by dint of paying taxe d'hab and taxe foncière.

Worth checking out.

Sue

[/quote]

Thanks for that, but as I had to give my address when registering........[:(]

[quote user="Tandem_Pilot"]Thanks for that, but as I had to give my address when registering........[:(] [/quote]

Sorry I don't understand; register with what ...?

I just said you might be able to have free internet access at your mairie if you own a property which you pay your local taxes on.

Sue

[quote user="spg"]

[quote user="Tandem_Pilot"]Thanks for that, but as I had to give my address when registering........[:(] [/quote]

I just said you might be able to have free internet access at your mairie if you own a property which you pay your local taxes on.

Sue

[/quote]

I think he means, at the time he go`s to use the internet at town hall,they need is address,for the paper work.

[quote user="spg"]

Sue

[/quote]

Sign a form to say I agree with the conditions etc etc

Archived