Complete France Forum

I am going round in circles trying to set up printer sharing.

The scenario. Laptop, in kitchen, with XP Pro, WiFi via speedstream modem.

PC in bedroom running vista, with WiFi to speedstream via a Belkin dongle. HP photosmart 3100 is attached to PC.

How on earth do I get my laptop to access the printer? everything "appears" to be set up for sharing but......nothing.

Mind you, I am really struggling to get a grip of the vista system.

Any ideas (in simple format)?

I am presently reduced to downloading from laptop to memory stick, uploading to PC, then printing. Seems a long winded way of doing things.

I'm not an expert, but I have managed to do what you are trying. My setup is a little more simple than yours - Vista laptop, a couple of XP PCs & Netgear router.

Questions - which computer is the printer connected to? Do you have the this computer turned on? Have you told the printer you are trying to use that it will be shared?

I may not have the answer for you, but it may help me, or someone else if we know the answers to the questions.

Regards - Tim

[quote user="powerdesal"]The printer is connected to the PC which is running Vista.

Have I told the printer, it wont listen!!!!!!!

Seriously, how to tell the printer?

edit, yes the PC and printer are both switched on.

[/quote]

Try this:

Panneau de configuation / Configuration panel

Imprimantes / Printers

Right-click on the printer

Go to Propriétés / Properties

Go to Modifier les Options de Partage / Modify Sharing Options

Shame you have to have the other machine running simply use to the printer attached to it [:'(]

I've recently invested in a WiFi printer after my previous one, which itself was a network printer which plugged into my router, suffered an untimely demise.

Archived