Complete France Forum

I know this question has probably been asked before but bear with me.  I have an Orange Livebox which in February decided it didn't want to work properly any more.  We have the odd hour of it working nicely and then it goes off for a few days.  Does anyone know of an english speaking helpline I could call as I am paying about 40 euros a month for something I cannot use most of the time.  My husband needs the internet for his work and has been travelling to McDonalds to work but even he is now peeing my off as he has not done anything about our problem.  Any advice would be welcome.  We have done the usual stuff of unplugging, resetting etc. but with no joy.

Please help a very desperate woman.

regards Deborah

[quote user="louis"]

I have an Orange Livebox which in February decided it didn't want to work properly any more.  [/quote]

If it is still working then there is an English speaking hotline on 00 33 1 55 78 60 56 BUT I feel they will probably direct you to their technical line which is 3900 (I think) - which is in French. It used to be that you had to ring the 39 number so they could check your Livebox remotely; if then it wasn't working they would give you a code number which meant you could swap the non-working box for another one at your local FT shop.

Sue

All the technical staff at Orange speak English. They just don't know it.

A couple of years ago our livebox died and we phoned up Orange and couldn't find anyone who spoke English. This technical guy said (in French) someone would phone back in a day or two's time and speak English to us to resolve the problem. Two days later, the same guy phoned back and spoke perfect English to us and solved the problem.

We think that he had to plug himself in somewhere and download the English language file into his brain, Matrix style, before he could communicate to us.

Archived