Complete France Forum

Can anyone recommend a good one?

Needs: Good colour quality printouts for double sided documents on 120gsm paper, primarily text on one side, photos on the other. Doesn't need to be particularly quick and doesn't need to be network compliant (will be printing direct as it is quicker). Hope to be printing around 2500 pages per month. Am wanting to use it to print reports.

I currently have a Canon inkjet and whenever I print photos, even on 200gsm paper, the paper is wrinkly which frankly looks unprofessional. I believe laserjet printers are better quality.

Many thanks in advance.

Funny to read this post as I have just decided to sell mine. It is a network or USB printer and is I find that it makes no difference to print via the network or the USB. I have had it less than a year but cannot use it with my operating system (Linux) as it is a Windows printer.

Laser colour printers are way cheaper to run than inkjets in my opinion, I also use a black and white laser because of the cost and speed of printing. With a laser there is no need to buy special paper as the ink does not "bleed".

We have a Hewlett-Packard Colour Laserjet 2600n (with network connection), and think that it is brilliant.  The colour is stunning, and the 4 toner cartridges which came with it when we purchased (about 14 months ago) are still going strong.  We have 4 spares, but the downside is that they're about 400 Euros a set...

Chris

[quote user="Bob T"]Funny to read this post as I have just decided to sell mine. It is a network or USB printer and is I find that it makes no difference to print via the network or the USB. I have had it less than a year but cannot use it with my operating system (Linux) as it is a Windows printer.

Laser colour printers are way cheaper to run than inkjets in my opinion, I also use a black and white laser because of the cost and speed of printing. With a laser there is no need to buy special paper as the ink does not "bleed".

[/quote]

What is your printer and how much would you want for it?

I have noticed a difference in sending speeds over the network against usb. But the files I'm printing are well over 200mb in size.

Archived