Complete France Forum

Have just got a new livebox after exchanging the old one after the storms recently blew something inside. Reinstalled everything last night at 8pm, got the internet ok but as yet no phone. We are on the telephone illimite package. They did say it would be a few hours before the phone came on but as yet nothing. Anybody got any experience of how long this takes. Also my wi-fi was working in my upstairs bureau(distance 10 metres)on the old livebox, but now i have to move it to another room closer to the livebox. Any ideas why anyone. Would this explain why the phone is not coming on because the livebox cannot 'see' the laptop or are they not related?

Hi Rico.

I've got a similar problem with my livebox after the last big storm we had, no phone or internet, I do disconnect when there 's a storm around so after reconnecting nothing was working then the livebox started after 4 days and if I need to phone I have to disconnect the livebox so shall be giving FT a call this afternoon as I think it's the livebox thats at fault.

I had a problem with my new lap top connecting wireless to the internet even though it was inches away from the livebox router,  I changed the channel to 3 and it saved me throwing the twating lap top through the window,  I guess it is very much trial and error, but it won't cost anything other than a bit of time, to go through all the channels and see.

Archived