Complete France Forum

Spam and Orange

I still get around 60 spam messages a day; mostly these are filtered out by the Orange spam filter, where I'm now up to 180 email addresses and 40 words or phrases in my 'liste rouge'. It all goes into the 'indesirables' filter on the Orange serverrather than being deleted just in case something important gets dumped and I can rescue it. It's been working well until the last couple of weeks when I've started receiving "Reports 2008". I've added this to my phrase list but they still get through. My AVG spots them and marks them as Spam and my Outlook rules put them in the Spam folder, but I'd rather not receive them at all. Anyone else got this?

Sid

As my internet address has been published on the web I expect to get spam and I have roughly the same amount as you Sid, but little gets through to OE because of the very efficient Orange spam filter.

I have just cleared 240 out of the indesirables box on Orange, but I have no entries in the red list, Orange does a very good job of filtering out 99% of spam without this and very few repeat spams come from the same Email addresses anyway.  The only down side to the Orange filter is that it can over protective from time to time and stop some E mails that you want to receive like Ryanair flight confirmations and eBay notifications.

Ron

Yes, that's partly the problem with me too, in addition to my current .fr domain I have an old .com address (used for over 10 years) and this one attracts the spam. I find the Orange filter quite effective, it seems to spot most of the spam without any need to tell it, but I sometimes have to add an item to the 'liste rouge'. This hasn't worked with these 'reports2008' items (just got another one in the last hour, doh!).

I never delete the indesirables/corbeille without checking that there are any genuine messages in there.

Oh well, it's not exactly life-threatening!

Sid 

Archived