Complete France Forum

This is just by way of a general thank you and a comment upon how useful these forums are.

Last night I suddenly realised that we were not receiving Channels 4 or 5 on our Sky box.  We don't actually have a Sky subscription, do not have a French TV aerial but receive our channels via a Digibox with Sky card.  I have no idea why this works or how, but it normally does.  My first thought these days when we have problems is to check out the forum.  Finding the thread on missing Channel 4 we just unplugged the box, replugged it in and away we went!

Well I'd certainly like to second that!!!!  I find this forum invaluable and check in to read even the questions that don't concern our particular circumstances, as it gives me an overall 'feel' for things going on in France and I file this stuff away in my brain for a rainy day.  Actually there have been several times where I have known what to do in a particular situation because I have read about it in the France Forum, stuff like the 'cheque emploi' system forewarned me about something that happened recently.

So many thanks to all the people who take time out to reply, even if we newbies keep asking the same old questions.  Have a drink on us ! [B]

Archived