Complete France Forum

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone here can solve a problem I am having. I always log on each morning to Outlook Express to check e-mail. Today for no apparent reason I get a message as follows 'The connection to your server has failed. Acct 'yahoo.co.uk', server 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk'. Protocol: POP3, Port 110, Secure (SSL) No. Socket error 10060, error number 0x800CCC0E'  I have run Regcure 3 times which is supposed to clear this problem, closed the system down 3 times and still I can't receive  e-mails in Outlook Express although I can send out. My incoming e-mails, I can find in the Yahoo mailbox. Previous to this I had an error message 0x800ccc90e,  but that contained a reference to AVG which I was advised to uninstall. So I did. And now I am getting this other message. Confused, you bet I am. Any help gratefully received PLEASE!!

tuppence

Annoying, but there's not much to be done about it.  Yahoo are apparently going through another one of their 'phases' -- last time it was difficult to send. I have been unable to collect from pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk today; yahoo.fr is working properly.  No doubt it will come back in a day or two.

Mail is still readable on the website, of course, and when the POP service resumes, Outlook will catch up with your Yahoo inbox.

What a nuisance for you.  When email suddenly goes wonky like that, it's almost always an ISP server problem.  Usually there's nothing you can do except wait it out.  I know Google was having probs last week, and my DH was w/out email for 4 days the week before that when his ISP had a server hardware failure (it took them 3 days to figure it out).

Thanks for the replies, having looked at the Yahoo website there are 100's of people with the same problem. I changed to Yahoo.fr and all e-mails are now coming in . Will check back at the weekend to see if co.uk is up and running.

tuppence

Archived