Complete France Forum

Problems with Adobe Reader

Woke up on Monday to find half the programmes on my PC missing or not working.  Have managed to get Norton re-installed and a full system scan then found nothing needing fixing.  Have also managed to reinstall things like Microsoft Works from the CDs.  Today I found that Adobe Reader isn't working.  It is still listed on the Installed Programs list (version 8.1.2).  Went to Adobe site where Adobe 9 seems to be the only available download.  Downloaded that but installation failed with message:

the feature you are trying to use is on a Network resource that is
unavailable--click OK or try again  or enter an alternat path to a folder
containing the installation package "Adberdr812_EN_us.msi "

This file or folder does not seem to be on my computer.  I cannot uninstall the older Adobe programme either.  The Adobe online support knowledge base doesn't seem to have a solution.

Have temporarily solved problem by downloading Foxit (which seems to work really well) but would like to solve the Adobe problem.

Any ideas????

Chrissie (81)

Thanks Cat and Tenniswitch.  I used the link Cat gave and downloaded the Microsoft Installer Cleanup thing and then used that and then installed Adobe Reader 9 - - - and it works[:D][:D][:D]

Mind you, even after re-starting, I still have Adobe Reader 8 on the list, and it still won't uninstall, but I'm not fiddling with it now!

Next - I need to do the same for MSN Messenger.......[:(]  WIll try the same route.

Thanks again

Archived