Complete France Forum

Cant get connected with orange internet everywhere

I cant get connected with orange internet everywhere.  We went to the Orange shop and signed up for it.  we signed for the pay as you go option as I only want to check my Emails when in France and wont be surfing .We have no phone line so was given a dongle to plug in.  We were given the pin number which it asked for and we entered it.

I must have spent hours and hours watching that orange bar trying to connect.....Anyone else had this problem?

I dont really know what to do now.  Any suggestions?

We told the bloke in the orange shop where we lived and he didn't say that we would have trouble getting connected .I dont know if it is some setting not being ticked  (my french is not that good)  Or if it is as you say.  How do you find out what the reception is like in your area?

Thanks for that anyway

[quote user="cowoman"]

We told the bloke in the orange shop where we lived and he didn't say that we would have trouble getting connected .I dont know if it is some setting not being ticked  (my french is not that good)  Or if it is as you say.  How do you find out what the reception is like in your area?

Thanks for that anyway

[/quote]

Try this link MAP

With your mobile phone you can do a manual network search (how you do this depends upon the handset you have, but is usually in settings) and see if Orange appears on the list. Whilst the map is useful it doesn't really tell you if there is actually reception inside your house!

This is what we have

http://abonnez-vous.orange.fr/residentiel/equipement/Cle3G.aspx?idnode=147Is

Is there anyone out there clever enough to read this french page to see if it says if there are any areas not connected up?

Or any info that might help my situation.

It will be a couple of weeks before I can take my laptop back to try some things.  On one page of trying to connect it asks for username and password but  I wasnt given one ,only a pin code which I entered.

Would  It have been better to have got a phone line?  Or would I still have the same problems? I did try my mobile phone but sometimes the signal was good and other times no good.It was best whilst sitting on the toilet.......ha ha just kidding!

Thanks

Archived